Communication Re-Opt In
We’ve been preparing in several ways to support our commitments to customers and end users. Per GDPR regulations and our data processing practices, if you wish to receive communications from cPanel moving forward, you must re-opt in by completing this form.
cPanel has recently updated a number of its agreements to facilitate GDPR compliance. We’ve done two things:
- We’ve updated our contracts to add a Data Processing Addendum (DPA). We believe that our DPA is lightweight in nature. It does not materially change the ways you’ve licensed our products or services. Rather it helps facilitate GDPR compliance for both parties.
- If you licensed our products through our store our updated agreement is here.
- If you are a reseller or distributor, you are required to provide our agreement to your customers. Their revised contract is here.
- If you have a “Partner NOC” agreement with us, amendments to your Partner NOC Agreement are here.
While the revised and updated agreements provide a definitive answer, here is a brief summary of the changes we’ve made.
- Our Transparency Report governs our disclosure of information to law enforcement and similar entities.
- We set out how we collect, process, store and transmit information in two schedules:
- Schedule 1 discusses these issues as they relate to the use of our products and services.
- Schedule 2 discusses these issues as they relate to the automatic collection of data.
- We discuss whether the information is provided to third parties.
- We provide additional information for individuals located in the EU and California.
What about Privacy Shield?
Our agreements have been updated to add a Data Processing Addendum (DPA) with the following:
- A discussion about the transfer of data.
- A statement of our security obligations.
- An obligation to assist with data protection impact assessments.
As noted above, we do not believe that these changes contain major surprises. We understand that customers, partners, and others may have questions about GDPR, or the process we chose to facilitate our compliance with GDPR. If you have questions, you can open a ticket, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.