If we have learned one thing from the 2020 COVID-19 situation, access to online resources and training is vital to keep businesses going. Online education has exploded due to school closures, and the learn-from-home approach has become the current standard. The hosting industry has also thrived in this arena, for example, Alibaba Cloud deployed more than 100,000 new cloud servers in two hours and set a new record for rapid capacity expansion.
At cPanel, our work is a hybrid of in-office meetings and work with a heavy emphasis on online tools such as Slack and Zoom. The work from home orders had less impact on our employees vs. small- to medium-sized businesses without a significant technology infrastructure. Having access to online training was another bonus for us. Our online training helps us to continue to onboard employees and give our current employees the training needed during the lockdown.
As we move forward, the need for online learning will increase, and the demand for System Administrators that keep the internet running will continue. cPanel and WHM are the backbones of the hosting industry. To help train new and current users and System Administrators, we started the online cPanel University Training Coursework in 2014.
Getting started with cP University Training:
Getting started with cPanel University is easy, no matter what your skill level. The free cPanel University web hosting Fundamental series will get you up to speed on the different elements that make up the hosting business. Our comprehensive training modules break down all you need to know with an easy learn at your own speed approach.
- CPANEL FUNDAMENTALS: The starting point for anyone new to cPanel, or even the internet as a whole. You might have a basic idea of what your website and your cPanel interface represent, but how much do you know about the environment that it runs on? Or the files that make up your site? cPanel Fundamentals answers those questions and more.
- SHARED HOSTING | A Guided Explanation: Get a simple, entertaining, guided explanation that answers the question “What is shared hosting?” including a learning experience to help you become a more proactive, secure web hosting customer.
Once you complete these two courses, you should be ready to start our advanced series and have the opportunity to become cPanel and WHM certified.
Why should you become cPanel Certified?
Are you ready to start working in the hosting industry or maybe looking for a career change? No matter what part of the web industry you work in, adding a cPanel Certification to your resume is an assured way to stand out from the crowd. Most web hosting partners of cPanel requires a cPanel Certification for their System Administrators and Tech Support Agents. Our online Certification is the same quality training we offer to some of the largest hosting providers in the world. Each course provides multi-part training and exam questions. All classes are free of charge and only require registration with cPanel University.
Available cPanel Certifications:
Our Certification courses range from sales to cPanel Professional Administration to cPanel & WHM System Administrators. Each class offers a certification; once you complete all courses, you will become 100% cPanel and WHM Certified.
- CPANEL & WHM SALES CERTIFICATION (SALES): The cPU Sales course covers the features, benefits, and primary usage of cPanel & WHM. Prove you have what it takes to help sell your next cPanel & WHM server, cloud instance, or VPS server.
- CPANEL PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION (CPC): The cPanel Professional Certification is the first step in technical cPanel & WHM certification. It is designed to test your understanding of internet technologies and cPanel interface administration.
- CPANEL & WHM ADMINISTRATOR CERTIFICATION (CWA): The cPanel & WHM Administrator Certification tests your knowledge on service administration, ranging from Web stack setup to emailtroubleshooting, custom DNS configurations, and administrating SQL engines through WHM.
- CPANEL & WHM SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR I CERTIFICATION (CWSA-I): The cPanel & WHM Systems Administrator I Exam requires an in-depth knowledge of managing a cPanel & WHM server from the command line. You will show your abilities using our provided scripts, troubleshooting common issues, and safely making decisions that affect an entire server.
Available Vendor Certifications:
In addition to cPanel & WHM Certification, cPanel University offers Certification Exams from our top vendors. Continue your education and Certifications with these courses:
- LITESPEED CERTIFICATION: Learn the ropes of using LiteSpeed with a cPanel & WHM server, including some simple tips and tricks that can help you get the most out of your environment.
- JETBACKUP CERTIFICATION: Follow through with the preliminary coursework, then test your JetBackup skills using the exam to achieve your cPanel University JetBackup Certification.
Once you are cPanel & WHM Certified, what’s next? The cPanel Certification can be used as a stepping stone to an entry position at a hosting company or even at cPanel. The certification itself is not everything you will need to land your dream job as a System Administrator but gives you a real advantage. If you just want to use the Certification to add to your skill set, congratulations! You will go far in the tech industry if you never stop learning. However you decide to use the Certification, thank you for being part of the cPanel community!