Today, we in cPanel’s documentation department are excited to publish our brand new, completely rewritten and restyled Software Development Kit (SDK)!
The new Software Development Kit landing page.
The SDK section of our documentation provides detailed information for all of our APIs, plus topic-based documentation to help you use those API calls to integrate your applications with cPanel & WHM. Over time, our SDK documentation had sadly gotten a little out of date, and it lacked the example code to make it really user friendly. We’ve made sure to correct that, and are working toward the best developer documentation we can provide.
Here are just a few exciting new aspects of the new SDK:
- A new, friendlier layout.
- A Quickstart Development Guide for new developers who aren’t sure where to start.
- Code examples for all of our API functions.
- Code examples and expanded documentation for integration systems like our LiveAPI and Standardized Hooks systems.
- Step-by-step tutorials for common tasks.
Sidebars provide essential information at first glance.
Each API function’s documentation includes examples of several types of calls, plus output examples.
We have also retired many of our previous SDK’s topics that involved deprecated or removed functionality from early versions of cPanel & WHM.
cPanel’s technical writers are still adding new SDK topics and expanding on what we published today. If there’s a topic that you don’t see, or a tutorial that you want us to provide, please let us know!